The band of the Milky Way is a lost view for many people across the world due to light pollution, haze, vegetation and built-up environments.
In this sky show you can learn about the Milky Way Galaxy and gain perspective about your place within it. This sky show proceeds in clear, dark conditions. It is a great way to become acquainted with the most beautiful, sparkling canvas above you, our night sky.
Allow your eyes to soak up the view. Thousands of stars, swaddled in the hazy band above, will shine brightly for you. As your sky guide dissects the galaxy, allow yourself to be transported away, as if on a virtual galactic cruise. The visibility of the galaxy is magnificent as stars can be seen dripping down to our horizon.
Expect your senses to shift into hyperdrive as you become deeply immersed in space.
- Find out how we know so much about places we have never been to
- Ponder this most famous question … “Are we alone?”
- Enjoy examples of classical western mythology
- Learn about some of the famous Australian Aboriginal interpretations of the night sky
- Hear about interpretations of the night sky by other cultures
You will be comfortably reclined on a camping lounge.
Your Outback Astronomy sky guide will explain the view overhead and you will hear via your personal audio unit.
No astronomy knowledge is required to attend this event.
Please arrive at least 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
We lockdown and darken our site at least 15 minutes before the start time.
Please see our FAQ page for further information.